What to Drink on Election Night
The big night is less that two weeks away: Election Night. Maybe it’s because we work in the beer business, but it seems like the three debates were great nights to sit back, pontificate on who made a better showing and drink a good beer. Election Night ’08 should be no different.
Here are some ideas on what to drink on what should prove to be high drama…at least for a Tuesday Night.
- If you think your candidate or political party is getting screwed, drink some Doggie-style Classic Pale Ale.
- Maybe you’ve been Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail? If so, Gonzo Imperial Porter is the beer for you.
- Feeling bitter about the election? Your sorrows will love Double Dog Pale Ale or Snake Dog IPA.
- Does the political process arouse you? Well if so, you’re a bit of a sicko. And you should try some Horn Dog Barley Wine.
- Think this country is going to Hell in a Hand-basket with our newly elected leaders? You’ll need a dog to guard your gates in Hell, so grab some Kerberos Tripel.
- Just want celebrate your right to vote? No better to do that with than our Road Dog Porter. After all, it is that beer that fought the Government all the way to the Colorado Supreme Court for the right to freedom of speech…and won.
- Celebrating your candidate’s big win? Then pretty much anything will taste good, but we’ll recommend Old Scratch Amber Lager, since it’s won a bunch awards itself.
No matter how you vote, drink responsibly. And no matter how you drink, vote responsibly.
[tags]craft, beer, election, night, flying dog, brewery[/tags]