UPDATE (OCTOBER 9): We will not be holding free tours for the furloughed on Thursday, October 10. Our taproom will be closed for a private event scheduled weeks before Congress decided to have a staring contest.
However, we’ll resume free brewery tours for the furloughed on Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12 at the times listed above. Please take a look at the reminders below before you make the trek to a place that puts Willy Wonka’s digs to shame.
We think you’re essential, so please read these essential notes on our free tours for the furloughed this afternoon:
1. All tour times are first come, first serve.
2. You must show your government ID to be eligible for a free tour.
3. We will do our damndest to accommodate everyone, but we will have a wait if our taproom reaches capacity.
4. Close-toed shoes are a requirement for our production area.
5. Spoilers for shows that are sitting on our DVRs will not be tolerated.
If oysters disappeared from the Chesapeake Bay, the entire ecosystem would collapse.
The Oyster Recovery Partnership takes the best minds and creates life in the Bay, establishing a legacy for future generations and proving that creativity comes in all forms.
This feature is the second of three spotlights on those who support local creativity leading up to our Local Riot October 5 at the brewery.
For more information on the Oyster Recovery Partnership and to find out how you can help, visit www.oysterrecovery.org.