In life, there are winners and losers. The same goes for Flying Dog’s recent poetry contest. Chuck Snowdon may be our new Poet Laureate, but that doesn’t mean that the other entries were bollocks. Read Anthony Zak’s entry here, including what Ralph Steadman said about his poem. Even though he says it doesn’t feel quite finished, I certainly liked it. Plus there are some great morsels of wisdom contained here, like “Don’t ever pass on a free beer” and “only beer can tell you the truth.” Take a read for yourself.
So his boss Ken gave his a new paint job.
[tags]Jeff, Forklift, Flying Dog, Employees[/tags]
Dogtoberfest has received rave reviews in the Dining & Wine section of the New York Times. Listen to what the experts have to say about Flying Dog Dogtoberfest as they compare it to some of the world’s best Marzen beers. Click on the image below for the complete story.
[tags]Dogtoberfest, New York Times, Review, Flying Dog, Dining & Wine[/tags]
Every time we give a tour and talk about quality control there is never a shortage of people volunteering to be Flying Dog beer tasters. What everyone fails to realize is we would never want to give such a sweet job away. This is a live action photo of the world’s best job as Flying Dog Head Brewer Bob Malone and Quality Assurance Manager Gwen Conley get serious about Gonzo Imperial Porter.
[tags]Flying Dog, Bob Malone, Gwen Conley, Taste Testing, Quality Control, Gonzo[/tags]
We’re still coming off the high having more than 2000 of our closest friends come out to GonzoFest last weekend. Based on the response, it looks like GonzoFest is going to become a yearly, end of summer tradition.
Here are some of the vital stats:
- More than 2000 people came out to enjoy the festivities
- 24 Red Chili entries
- 18 Green Chili entries
- 18 Salsa entries
- And with your help, we raised over $5000 for Heartly House
It’ s never too early to get ready for GonzoFest ’09 – but also expect to see some new events at the brewery between now and the end of next Summer.
Big thanks goes out to entire Flying Dog Family for helping put on this monster event and to the People’s Republic of Flying Dog for coming out and supporting the cause.
[tags]gonzofest, flying dog, frederick, maryland, event, festival, brewery, craft beer[/tags]
Gonzofest, Flying Dog Brewery’s Annual Throwdown and Hard Times Cafe Chili Cook-Off (for the Maryland State Championship) is tomorrow. We’ll be having Flying Dog and Wild Goose beer available, and you can come sample the chili competition samples, listen to great music and meet a ton of other Flying Dog fans.
For those of you who aren’t able to attend our throwdown in Maryland tomorrow from 3-9PM, check out Flying Dog’s flickr page for live updates from Gonzofest. We’ll also be posting more photos and video from the event in the coming weeks. Also don’t forget to check out our twitter page for text-based updates throughout the day, too.
If you’re around during the party, look for the guy with a camera and videocamera and say hi. I’ll even interview you if you want.
The guys from Brouha House stopped by our booth at the Dayton AleFest a couple weeks back. They run a blog called “The Brouha Blog” and are also in the process of starting a BrewPub in Louisville, KY.
They also brought their mascot, “Bud” to the event and took his picture at our booth. Apparently, Bud gets around…especially if he’s hanging out with Lutz.
[tags[brouha, blog, flying dog, dayton, alefest, jim lutz[/tags]
Whether it is Yahtzee, pen twirling, drinking, or paper airplane making, cup stacking, or fast forwarding through TV commercials on TiVo (my specialty) – everyone is #1 at something. We just happen to be #1 in a category that people actually care about- Top Breweries!
Beer Quest 2008 recently took a tour around the country and ranked their favorite beers and breweries. Per the list below, we came out on top. Click here or on the image below to take in our #1 ranking in all of its glory.
[tags]brewery, ranking, beer quest, 2008, craft, brew, flying dog, tour[/tags]
There’s a beer dinner at Sal & Mookie’s New York Pizza and Ice Cream Joint in scenic Jackson, Mississippi in a few weeks. Here’s the info we’ve been provided:
Join us for our 1st full-blown, sit down, drink up, beer dinner!
MONDAY, SEPT. 22nd 6 p.m.
Sign up now for a 5-course meal matched to compliment a full array of Flying Dog beers! Rich Graham of Flying Dog Brewery will be in attendance to help host the event.
Flying Dog Beers:
Old Scratch Amber Lager
Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale
Road Dog Porter
Tire Bite Golden Ale
Snake Dog India Pale Ale
Barrel-Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter – a special beer aged for one year in Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey barrels.
Field greens salad with diced apples, toasted pumpkin seeds and a cider vinaigrette
New Orleans “Central Grocery-style” pizza
Potato gnocchi in a gorgonzola cream sauce
Beer-braised beef short ribs with roasted garlic mashed potatoes garnished with beer-battered onion rings
RESERVATIONS A MUST * $55 per person
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[tags]beer dinner, sal and mookies, flying dog, brewery, beer, craft beer, food, pairing, jackson, ms[/tags]
Admit it: You’ve always dreamed of working in the beer industry. Day-by-day, you dream about someone hiring you do what you love – talk about beer. Finally, the chance is here! GET PAID for talking about and loving Flying Dog Beer!
We are hiring a Field Marketing Manager to be based in Frederick, Maryland. The Field Marketing Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing Marketing outreach for Flying Dog brand within assigned geography
- Creating and nurturing a community of local consumers (ambassadors) who are passionate, brand loyal so that we increase brand awareness via word of mouth
- Building relationships, brand presence/awareness and volume at key on and off-premise accounts
- Building relationships and partnerships with local business leaders (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, event organizers, etc) for the purpose of building Flying Dog’s community presence
- Conducting hand-sell promotions in on and off-premise accounts and educating consumers on our product
- Generating organic opportunities to have meaningful conversations with targeted consumers
- Creating, coordinating and executing on and off-premise promotions and sponsorships
- Serving as the field point person for company events and promotions such as beer festivals and local sponsorships
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 1-2 years of Marketing experience
- Excellent customer service
- Dynamic public speaking skills
- Calm under pressure
- Knowledge and passion for the craft beer industry
- Able to build relationships with local influencers
- Desire and ability to create viral word of mouth marketing programs
- Fundamental understanding of basic marketing concepts and strategies, i.e. advertising, promotion, graphic design, grass roots and event marketing
- Able to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and recommend way to improve
- 4-year college degree
This position will report to the Prime Minister of Marketing and includes Flying Dog’s standard health benefits and vacation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to: email@example.com.