Browse Our Blogs
The latest and greatest from your favorite brewery Beer Dinners
Upcoming Flying Dog beer dinners, beer and food pairing tips, recipes, and more Cut The Leash
Musings from our semi-human CEO Jim Caruso
Browse Our Store
Sign Up For Our
Grapefruit and pine bitterness dominate, while a subtle caramel malt backbone rounds out this classic American IPA.
Now, it’s time for you to recreate our original hop monster at home. Our Stove Topper Homebrew Kit for Snake Dog IPA is on sale now:
- Availability: On sale through June 30
- Price: $45
- To Purchase: Visit the Flying Dog Brewery gift shop or The Flying Barrel Home Brew Shop, both in Frederick, MD. At this time, we are not able to ship kits.
Ralph Steadman described it as “nectar imprisoned in a bottle.” The State of Michigan deemed it “detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of the general public.”
We call it Raging Bitch. And now, you can experience it like never before:
Raging Bitch available now in 12-packs exclusively in Maryland. Use our Beer Finder to find it near you.
In preparation for our first Summer Sessions concert — featuring of Montreal with Us & Us Only opening — we’re slamming 5-Hour Energy, burning lavender-infused incense, and starring into the eyes of a mannequin with puffy pink pubic hair.
We’ve also compiled this handy list of FAQs for tomorrow’s show:
1. Will tickets be available at the door?
Tickets are $20 each and sales are ongoing. There may be a limited amount of tickets available at the door, but we can’t guarantee it. Buy now or get here early.
2. Is the show outside? Will it be held rain or shine?
Yes and yes. Only the stage is covered, but with the 0% chance of precipitation we’re looking at, we think you’ll be just fine. (We’re also knocking on wood.)
3. Is this an all-ages show?
NO. Only those 21 and older with a valid ID will be admitted. That’s the law. And that include babies and small children, even if they’re strapped to your chest and/or attached with a leash.
4. Are all tickets general admission?
Yes. All spots are first come, first serve.
5. Where do I park?
Parking is on our brewery grounds. Attendants will be on-site all day to direct and showcase of an array of neon-colored vests.
6. Is outside food or drink allowed?
NOPE AND NOPE. Aside from our delicious beers, no other alcoholic beverages can be consumed or served on our brewery grounds by law. Kick ass food, along with water and soda, will be available for purchase from the kick ass food trucks we have lined up.
7. So, what’s the deal with beer?
All beer is a la carte and available for purchase for $4 each. From Bloodline Blood Orange IPA to a specialty cask of Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA with mango and habanero, our beer list is a doozy.
8. Are pets allowed?
NO. Trust us, they will have a much better time sneaking onto your bed and taking a long nap than they will dodging beer bellies and beards.
9. Is photography and video allowed?
Yes, as long as it is not professional. Amateur photos and footage for fun, shits, and giggles are welcomed and encouraged. While you’re at it, share it with your friends and ours on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
10. I plan on drinking responsibly, but what if I need a cab? Hotel room?
We’ve got you covered. Here’s a list of who to call and where to stay.
This is our friend Doug. Doug is a local actor whose last short film was selected for this year’s Cannes Film Festival.
In Doug’s latest film, Apocalypse Rock, he plays the last man alive after a nuclear apocalypse. His character takes refuge in an abandoned radio station and broadcasts a show every day from morning until night with hope that someone will hear him. (Watch the trailer for Apocalypse Rock here.)
We want you to help our friend Doug by supporting Apocalypse Rock’s IndieGoGo campaign.
Why is he making this film? What does he know about filmmaking? How is he going to make this film awesome? And why does he need money? We’ll let him answer that for himself.
77 Years of Creative Genius
“Every time we receive label art from Ralph we’re like kids on Christmas morning, and the artwork for Raging Bitch was extra special to us because it was for a beer commemorating Flying Dog’s 20th anniversary. We absolutely loved it from the moment we saw it.”
Our CEO Jim Caruso offered these sentiments in the foreword of a recently published 160-page catalog of Ralph Steadman’s work, including the original art for Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA. Presented by the London Cartoon Museum, STEADman @ 77 is a retrospective of Ralph’s work over the past 50 years and a present day celebration of his wild creativity.
We are honored and forever grateful that Ralph has left his indelible mark on our labels for the past 19 years.
“He is not only an artist, but also a principled genius and possibly the one TRUE artist in the world. Thank you, Ralph, for making a noticeable dent in the universe. And for your friendship.”
Jim Caruso and all of us at Flying Dog
We’re partnering with the Frederick Keys for the second straight summer to present a three-part movie series taking place at Harry Grove Stadium. Beginning Friday, June 7, the video board at the ballpark will show one movie per month for our “Left Field Movie Nights.” All three screenings will feature classic films and have a family-friendly, PG rating.
Taking place on the first Friday of June, July, and August, the Left Field Movie Nights will give fans the opportunity to access the outfield and enjoy the unique experience of watching a movie on the Keys’ videoboard. Admission is $5 dollars per adult and $3 per child (12 and under) when purchased in advance, and $7 per adult and $5 per child at the door. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the Frederick Keys Box Office at 301-815-9939 or online at http://www.frederickkeys.com.
Multiple styles of our beer will be sold throughout the evening and a variety of concession stand offerings will also be available for purchase. Gates open at 7 p.m. and the movie begins at 8 p.m. During this pre-show hour, fans are invited to bring their gloves for a game of catch in the outfield and enjoy free access to the Kids Fun Zone.
Flying Dog and the Keys developed this local partnership to provide a unique experience at the ballpark by combining great movies and great beer brewed right here in Frederick.
The movies being featured will be:
- June 7th – E. T.
- July 5th – Field of Dreams
- August 2nd – Honey I Shrunk the Kids
No outside food or beverage will be permitted. Blankets are welcome and fans may watch from the seating bowl or outfield grass. No lawn chairs will be allowed.
Join the allegiance of craft beer enthusiasts for the week-long celebration of local beers in our backyard of Frederick, MD.
You can find us showboating all week long at the following locations:
Saturday, May 11
- A family friendly beer festival featuring live music, food, crafts, and a selection of beers from your favorite Maryland brewers including Flying Dog, Barley and Hops, Brewer’s Alley, Frey’s Brewing Company, The Milkhouse Brewery, Monocacy Brewing Company, DuClaw, Heavy Seas, Evolution, Pub Dog & Ruhlman
- Stillpoint Farm (in Mt. Airy, MD)
- Noon to 6 pm
- $20 for adults (21+)
- $15 for designated drivers and individuals 13-20.
- Free – Children 12 and under
- Ticket price includes a tasting glass and six tokens. Additional tokens available for purchase
- Buy Tickets
Tuesday, May 14
- Be the first to try our latest Brewhouse Rarity Easy and chat with the brewers behind the beer.
- At the brewery (Frederick, MD)
- 5 to 8 pm
- $5 admission (21+)
- Includes a sample of Easy IPA along with 5 others of your choice.
Wednesday, May 15
- Flying Dog beer paired with a selection of gourmet hot dogs
- Roasthouse Pub (Frederick, MD)
- 5-8 pm
- Admission is free, pay as you go for pints and pairings
Thursday, May 16
- A craft beer-focused hunt through downtown Frederick for teams of 3 to 5 people with an after-party at Brewer’s Alley
- Flying Dog Brewery, then various locations downtown (Frederick, MD)
- 5 pm registration – 8:30 pm after-party
- Registration is $30 per team
- Buy Tickets
- Brewmaster Matt Brophy will tap a firkin of Double Dog Double IPA
- Madrone’s (Frederick, MD)
- 5 pm – Close
- Admission is free, pay as you go for pints
Friday, May 17
- 10 beers on tap from local Frederick breweries featuring Flying Dog, Brewer’s Alley, Barley and Hops, Frey’s Brewing and Monocacy Brewing
- JoJo’s Restaurant and Taphouse (Frederick, MD)
- 6 pm – Close
Saturday, May 18
- A festival solely featuring craft beer from the great state of Maryland
- Carroll Creek (Frederick, MD)
- 1 pm to 6 pm (VIP Hour from Noon – 1 pm)
- $20 in advance ($30 at the door)
- Ticket price includes a tasting glass and six tokens. Additional tokens available for purchase.
- Buy Tickets
For a complete line up of the entire week, visit http://frederickbeer.com
On Saturday, May 25 of Montreal will be taking our stage by storm. Literally. Their concerts are theatrical and unpredictable with more costume changes than an Oscars host, synchronized dancing that would put Madonna’s saggy ass to shame, and lighting effects sure to invoke seizures. (Check out their last DC-area show at 9:30 Club.)
To prepare you for the show, here’s the quick and dirty on the band:
- Everyone loves a good Canadian success story, but these guys aren’t neighbors from the Great White North. They’re actually from Athens, Georgia.
- The name of Montreal came from a failed romance between band frontman Kevin Barnes and, you guessed it, a lady from Montreal.
- Their style is eclectic and has been known to change from album to album. It can best be summed up as euphoric indie pop. They’re also known for combining narrative, often serious, lyrics with upbeat melodies and sing-along choruses.
- Their show at the brewery is on the last leg of their Summer Tour. From here, they have a show in Honolulu and are then off to Tokyo.
- They announced last week that they’re coming out with a new album — Lousy with Sylvianbriar — this fall.
Citra is one of the most exclusive and in-demand hop varietals in the United States. We love it for its strong citrus and tropical fruit flavors, which come screaming through the light malt backbone of this Imperial IPA.
Now, with our Stove Topper homebrew kits, you can be in awe of the access to the excess.
- Availability: On sale through May 31
- Price: $55
- To purchase: Visit our brewery gift shop or The Flying Barrel Homebrew Shop, both in Frederick, Maryland