Our brewer Chris Lowe, one of the minds behind our Brewhouse Rarities Mango Habanero IPA, is a beast in the brewhouse and in the kitchen. Playing up the balance of sweet and heat in the beer, he developed a recipe for Mango Habanero hot wings that are sure to make you sweat.
- 5 lbs cleaned and cut wings
- 12 oz Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 habanero peppers (whole)*
- 2 ripe mangos (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 small white onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup Mango Habanero IPA
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- Season the wings with salt and red pepper and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover baking sheet with foil and place wire rack on sheet. Place the wings on the rack and bake for 50 minutes, turning then halfway through.
- Combine diced mango, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, habaneros, and beer.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once butter melts and is combined with brown sugar, add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add both mango and onion mixtures to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once sauce is throughly mixed, transfer it back into the saucepan and bring to a summer.
- Remove wings from the oven, toss them in sauce, and enjoy.
* Two habaneros mean business. If you want your wings with a little less heat, use 1 habanero pepper. For mild spice, only use half.