Beer Can Derby
902 South Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
The Official Rules and What Not:
- Entry is open to all 21 years of age or older.
- The racer must contain at least one recognizably whole and uncrushed Flying Dog or Brewer’s Art beer can. Cutting into the can is, of course, allowed.
- The racer can have NO propulsion of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, rockets, propellers, fans, gases, impulse engines, and warp drives. All racers must be gravity racers.
- The dimension of a racer MAY NOT be:
- More than 5 ounces in weight
- More than 2 7/8 inches wide (lanes are 3 inches wide)
- More than 7 7/8 inches long (starting blocks are 8 inches long)
- Personalized decorations are strongly encouraged.
- Starter car kits consisting of a wood wedge car body, axle dowels, screw axles, and wheels will be available at Metropolitan for $5. You may bring your own can or purchase and consume one of the Flying Dog or Brewer’s Art cans available at Metropolitan. You may also construct your car at home or build it on-site. A limited amount of construction tools and aids will be available at Metropolitan.
The tournament will consist of several brackets throughout the night, including a team and individual racing brackets. Here’s the schedule:
- 5 pm: Registration and construction time
- 5:30 pm: Races
- 8-8:30 pm: Conclusion
Prizes will be awarded for winning brackets, cool-looking cars, and other whimsical reasons to be determined by the management and or very whimsical Flying Dog or Brewer’s Art representatives.